Watch the video below to see how Linda Caffee, Team Run Smart Pro, makes homemade grape juice while on the road.

Read These Next...

LIVE Smart

Hate - Like - Love

July 26, 2017

LIVE Smart

LIVE Smart

Comment ()

Tom I do know what caused the steam but one of the good things about a Vitamix is that it will also make hot soup in about 8 minutes.

April 14, 2014 13:01:04 PM

What a great idea, Linda! I love your tip about sneaking in a vegetable. :) It might be a nice addition during summer months to add unflavored seltzer water after blending it as well.

I love your cleaning tip as well - wish I would have thought of that a long time ago!

April 11, 2014 9:38:27 AM

Linda am curious when you opened the blender after blending the grape juice it looked like "smoke" came out of the vitamix. Is that normal or a function of your blender?

April 10, 2014 21:20:26 PM

Linda phenomenal video. Great idea will be trying it soon myself. Part of the reason they add sugar is with non wine grapes they are not as picky about when they are picked. As a result to get a consistent taste they may add some water and sugar to "even" out the flavor. Also many companies that add the sugar also had water to it in part to cut costs. Evidently corn sweetner is cheaper than grapes...

April 10, 2014 21:17:29 PM

Thanks Linda. Three posts for the same question - not bad.....

April 10, 2014 19:13:02 PM

Craig we used concord grapes and I would like to try this with green grapes. It amazed me how sweet the juice is and then I wonder why when we buy grape juice off of the shelf it has sugar in it?

The grape juice had to be cut with water to cut the sweet taste. Probably one of the most amazing things I have tasted from the blender

April 10, 2014 7:15:27 AM

April 10, 2014 7:15:24 AM

April 10, 2014 7:15:19 AM

Another excellent video! Thank you Linda and Bob. Lauri would like to know what type of grapes you used. We also love the blender cleaning technique.

April 08, 2014 13:49:54 PM

Sign up to get the latest trucking tips and tricks!

ADD ME

Ask a question

ASK A QUESTION

Post a question to our forum and a Pro will answer as well as our community members!

GO TO THE LIVE Smart FORUM

Brace for Re-Entry!

July 11, 2017

LIVE Smart

Anticipate

July 09, 2017

About Linda Caffee

Bob and Linda have been team drivers since 2005 as expediters. They are leased to Landstar Express America. Bob was a diesel mechanic for twenty years before doing over the road and Linda worked in the courthouse.

View Full Bio and All Posts by Linda Caffee