Fuel is the owner-operator’s number one variable expense and that is not going to change any time soon. However, during these times of high fuel costs it is possible to increase your cash flow by reducing your fuel expense.
Watch "Driving for Fuel Efficiency" to learn tips and techniques on reducing your fuel expenses. Chris Harrington, business consultant at ATBS
, presented this informational webinar along with Henry Albert, Team Run Smart Pro, who is currently averaging over 10 MPG with his Freightliner Cascadia Evolution
- Why Fuel Efficiency is Important
- 45-50% of an owner-operator's revenue is spent on fuel.
- Idling the Engine
- idling consumes approximately 1 gallon of fuel per hour.
- Sweet Spot RPM
- finding the sweet spot where your engine runs.
- Progressive Shifting
- how it can vary depending on the terrain and your loads.
- Throttle Pedal
- the biggest impact on fuel economy.
Click the video below to watch the webinar!