Getting sick is bad enough, but getting sick miles from home is even worse. Just last week I found myself in this predicament. I was a long way from home and developed a severe ear infection. I get these fairly often so I knew that I would need medication to beat it. I ended up calling my doctor who knew of my condition and he prescribed an antibiotic. His nurse asked me to decide which drug store to send it to. I use CVS, a national chain, and went to their website to find a location nearby. After I found a few nearby locations, I looked them up on Google Maps to make sure I could get my truck in their parking lot or at least within walking distance. I found an accessible location and let the nurse know where to send the prescription to. I picked up the medication and returned to health in few days.
My experience caused me to think of what I'd do if I couldn't get my doctor to send a prescription. After a little research I found these resources listed below. Click on them for more information.
- Walmart - Many have clinics inside and this link will show you which ones.
- CVS - They are a national chain pharmacy with many having clinics inside.
- Walgreens - Another national chain pharmacy that has many locations with clinics.
- TA/Petro - Some of their locations offer medical services.
- Urgent Care Travel Clinics - They are in four truck stops now with plans to add four more.