I don't have to tell you what the headlines are saying out there about health and wellness in America. You see it every day out there on the road. Everywhere you look people are challenged with wellness and it's not just professional drivers. Our families, our coworkers, the people working at the truckstops and in restaurants, everywhere you look.
The National Institute of Health Statistics claims that more than 50% of drivers are overweight and 50% have a higher prevalence of diabetes compared to the general population. I am looking to professional drivers to reverse the negative trend and the statistics of what experts have been shouting out to us over the last few years. I am looking to you to lead America on the road to health. If professional drivers can get healthy, then the folks sitting at home with all their luxuries can most definitely do it.
So how do we solve this challenge of staying healthy while on the road? After talking with thousands of drivers, I’ve learned what tools you are looking for to help get healthy and stay healthy. We’ve learned what drivers are looking for in a wellness program: “a program that I can use out there on the road,” “a program that will travel with me when I head home.” You also shared what you don’t want and what hasn’t worked for you in the past: “I don’t have time for a program that is really for just office employees.” And we have heard what you are looking for in on the road medical care: “I can’t pull my rig into a corner drug store, I need access to get medication and care.”
Drivers, we designed a program just for you. We worked with a national network of partners to deliver a wellness program to work out there on the road, not behind a desk. Our Driver Wellness Program allows you to track results and earn rewards. The Driver Wellness Toolbag is a comprehensive delivery of wellness services made just for you. No matter where you are on the road to wellness, we can help you begin logging healthy miles in no time. You are in the driver’s seat of your own health with this program. It is filled with custom wellness tools that are “driver designed and driver delivered.”
Take a peek under our hood to see what benefits you can receive with the Driver Wellness Program:
- Receive a checkup every 30 days at one of the 1,100 Kroger Pharmacies to monitor your blood pressure, weight and sugar/glucose levels.
- Receive free monthly access to over 1,800 truck friendly healthcare clinics throughout the US to receive screenings (weight, BMI, heart rate and blood pressure).
- Access to unlimited telephone health and wellness coaching available anytime Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
- Receive a 20% discount off of all Rolling Strong nutritional products.
- Receive $1 off coupons at PFJ Subway locations when you order one of the seven healthy subs with six grams of fat or less.
- Unlimited access to the newest health check station to self-monitor health levels (blood pressure, weight, BMI, heart rate and vision)
- Driver-only private personal online wellness site to track results and earn points to receive Rolling Strong gear.
- Receive the Nutrition in the Fast Lane “Trucker’s Edition” book providing nutritional content at 3,000 restaurants.
- Use a pedometer to track miles and calories to earn free rewards.
- Receive grocery-shopping lists to help stock the driver’s cab.
- Enjoy special savings on wellness services including 50% off gym enrollment fee at only Snap Fitness Rolling Strong Gym locations.
- Receive savings on nutritional products, grocery items and services including E-Boost, Kroger and Bayer.
Why are you waiting to be healthy? Visit http://rollingstrong.com/signup to learn how you can get on the road to better health and start logging healthy miles today! Remember if you lose 100 pounds or walk 1,000 miles you receive a belt buckle just like mine! Just ask fellow Team RunSmart Member Linda Caffee to show you her belt buckle. Way to go Linda!