The Great American Trucking Show (GATS) in Dallas, TX is quickly approaching! This convention (held August 21st-23rd, 2014) will have many exciting events this year, so what should you be sure not to miss? Team Run Smart has you covered.
- Get on the Bone Marrow Registry and/or Donate Blood. Be sure to visit booth #5057 where you can participate in the bone marrow registry. It takes just a moment, with a simple mouth swab. Your participation could save someone’s life! There will also be a blood drive set up at the same location for the American Red Cross. For more information visit the Trucking Solutions Group website.
- Get a pen pal! Trucker Buddy will be at booth #24165, so be sure to stop by and sign up. You can enrich the lives of children with your letters, and help them grow up associating real people (and friends) with the trucking industry.
- Join the Health Awareness Walk. On Saturday 8/23 at 9am, there will be an awareness walk supporting the need for truckers to practice a healthier lifestyle. This is not a race, just a friendly group of people joining together to promote health and wellness. The group will be walking to Dealey Plaza – the site of the “grassy knoll” near where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. TA/Petro is a sponsor (more information can be found at their booth, #16081), and each participant will receive a free gift!
- Learn about important business topics. The Partners in Business talk will be held on Friday 8/22 from 2pm-4pm in Room 222. Todd Amen and Richard DeForest of ATBS will be talking about Owner-Operator Incorporation, and other important business topics. You won’t want to miss it.
- Participate in the “Big Rigger Fitness Challenge”. Bob Perry of Rolling Strong will be holding the “Big Rigger Fitness Challenge” at booth #23113, where drivers can join in some fun. One challenge will be to see how many times a driver can press a tire (simulating a bench press motion). The winner will receive a Freightliner In-Cab Training (FIT) System!
- Attend the “I Love Trucking” Reception from WIT. This event, held by Women in Trucking, will be on Friday 8/22 at 5:00pm in rooms D170/D172. It is for members of Women in Trucking, as well as potential members.
- Stop by the Freightliner Trucks / Team Run Smart booth. Visit us at booth #12113 to meet the Team Run Smart Pros, sign up to join the free online community, grab a free gift, and be sure to enter to win an iPad mini at our daily prize drawings!
For more information, visit The Great American Trucking Show website.