I wrote a blog a while back on how I listen to podcasts while driving. Recently, I upgraded my cellular phone plan to unlimited data which opened up other opportunities to me. Now, I've been listening to YouTube videos while I drive.
Videos are a visual medium you might say, but there are thousands of lectures and other presentations that are just fine for listening to. I simply plug my phone into my radio like I do when I play music, but open up the YouTube app and listen to video through my truck speaker system. Here are a few of the videos I listened to this weekend:
- Yale Professor gave a lecture on economics
- Darren Hardy gave a keynote self help speech to a company
- A "how to" seminar on buying real estate
- A lecture on how to determine a good deal on commercial real estate
- A trip summary of a motorcycle ride from Boston to Alaska
Each one of these videos were over 30 minutes long and a couple were over a hour. These provided more interesting content than I usually get on podcasts. I never looked at the videos, but only listened to them. I was able to get tons of usual knowledge, all while driving and earning a living. Safely give it a try and make the most of your time on the road.